Sunday 6 March 2011

I have put the controversies behind me, says Kamran Akmal

Pakistan wicketkeeper Kamran Akmal feels that an allegation of his involvement in the spot-fixing saga is a thing of the past and he is now just trying to give his best in the ongoing World Cup.
"Those things are behind me now and I don't want to talk about those things. The fact that the selectors considered me good enough to play for Pakistan again in itself answers a lot of questions," Kamran said.
Kamran like Shoaib Malik and Danish Kaneria was not considered for the series against South Africa in UAE and the Test tour to New Zealand last year but made a comeback in the World Cup squad after being cleared by the integrity committee of the PCB.
The glovesman who has been given the responsibility of batting at no. 3 in the tournament said he was enjoying the challenge of batting up the order.
"I know I can still contribute bigger innings to the team. As the tournament progresses, I will try to bat for longer period as batting at no. 3 gives me a that time to settle down in a 50-over encounter."
He also refuted the suggestion that because of his batting responsibility, his keeping was being affected after he missed two stumping chances against Sri Lanka leaving spinner Abdul Rehman distraught.
But Kamran said there is no additional pressure on him to perform as he has earlier batted up the order in three formats of the game.
When asked about his shoddy show behind the stumps, Kamran reasoned, "Every player commits a few mistakes and faces difficulties during his career. I'm trying to get through this phase and improve my performance."

No comments: